Originally Posted by Starman
Originally Posted by Burleyboy
I had ketamine one time during a spinal steroid injection. I didn't like it at all. I had a psychedelic
out of body type of experience and felt completely out of control. It scared me worse than almost anything ever has,
I thought I had died.

If you don't mind elaborating..What was so scary about being 'dead'...? .. grin

I think the scariest part was feeling like I was floating above my own body looking down on it and then all the psychedelic stuff kicked in. I have three small kids and feeling like I was dying and leaving them behind scared me the most. Then it became this intense 70's like fun house that I couldn't get out of. My friend that did a lot of acid when he was younger said I had what he used to call a bad trip.

Fish good luck with recovery. I'd imagine the first week might be the toughest. Try to stay ahead of the pain by taking your medication before it gets too bad. Even though a long sleep feels pretty good it's almost worth having a clock wake you every 4 hrs to take your med. Waking up from a 10 hour sleep can be pretty miserable otherwise. That's assuming your Dr. Will give you something like he should for at least the first week or two.

Bb

Last edited by Burleyboy; 02/22/19.