Bocajnala,
I'm a lever guy too. I have hunted in Alaska with a blr in 358 since 2005 and with a Savage 99 in 358 since 2011.
Like you, I've owned marlin, Henry, Winchester and Savage lever guns.
I'd take a good BLR over any Marlin or Savage 99.
They're lighter, and tougher. I recently tested the BLR against the 99 with over-pressure rounds. Enough pressure to cause case head expansion and loose primer pockets. Far before loose primer pockets, the Savage 99 extractor bent outward and slipped over the case head.
The BLR extractor extracted like a dmn Mauser claw. On the last and final round where I encountered the only loose primer, I had to lean the stock against my thigh, and pull the lever for all I was worth.
Extracted like a champ. No problems with the strength of the gearing, the aluminum receiver, or the extractor.
No damage to the rifle. Iregardless of what you might read from others, the BLR is the first rifle that convinced me that some push feed guns will extract and eject as well as my Mauser.
During winter testing as cold as 38 below (ambient), the BLR firing pin was flawless, even with an action chock full of cheap gun oil.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]