My BLR has a superb trigger right out of the box. Crisp and right at 4lbs on the trigger scale. Due to the wide trigger, 4lbs doesn't feel like much. Not all of them have bad triggers. 300-400 yds shots, the 4lb trigger hasn't effected accuracy.

I also don't want it any lighter, so probably will never fiddle with the hammer spring. I want that hammer to slam home at 40 below. On exposed hammer guns like levers and revolvers, I'm leery of anything lighter than 4 lb trigger pull in the cold weather.

I replaced the hammer spring and trigger return spring on my sp101 with a Wilson set. As the springs broke in, I began getting misfires in the cold weather. ISMI springs fixed the problem, and never break in or weaken over time, but are lighter than stock springs. They're not cheap music wire, can't remember what the composition is, most of their customers are high RPM race engine builders who need better valve springs.

After working out any trigger creep issues, if trigger pull is over 4lbs, maybe give ISMI a call. Any time I need lighter springs, I get replacements from them. Don't cut a coil off the hammer spring. I learned the hard way that making the spring shorter for a lighter pull, isn't the best idea in cold weather.
https://www.ismi-gunsprings.com

Last edited by mainer_in_ak; 03/25/19.