The BAR can be accurate, I would go with a WSM for a lighter rifle. But what I think makes more sense is to put one of your other rifles on a diet. Anyone of them from the 6.5 CM to the 06 could be a dandy elk rifle. Depending on the make a lighter stock and scope can usually shave a pound or two off the weight and a lighter barrel another 1/2 to 1 lb.

With the savings you could also upgrade the optics. I see all these rifle deals out there but when I stop and add up all the components and accessories the bargain rifle is now pushing towards 3 grand plus. But when you have the itch it's hard to be practical.

Just saw the last post. The Browning Speed calls out for the 300 Win. Mag as it is sort of Brownings version of the Sendero. The 300 seems to be an inherently accurate cartridge and it instills confidence, sometimes too much, but it is not as big a step up from the 30-06 as many fans believe. Ok flame on.

Last edited by Tejano; 04/02/19.

"When you disarm the people, you commence to offend them and show that you distrust them either through cowardice or lack of confidence, and both of these opinions generate hatred." Niccolo Machiavelli