I bought a BAR in 7mm Rem Mag when I got out of the Army, 1973. My intentions were to hunt deer locally ( East, Tx) and elk in Colorado. It was accurate, but very heavy and, at that time, no scope. I was a "bonafide iron sight user" until I was about 26yrs old! ha Anyhow, if you kept it "spotless", it worked right. A little dust/ or just not enough lube in the right spot...jammomatic. It got traded for, across the board swap, a new Model 870 Wingmaster ( 3", 12) and a Marlin 1894, 44 magnum. That little Marlin was one of "the fastest", best handling woods rifles I ever used! I killed deer and hogs with it, ducks & rabbits with the 12ga. I got into bow hunting for about 5 yrs and hunted elk with it. Yes, I belong to the "Missed an elk" club. A big cow, right at dark, my arrow hit an unseen dead spruce limb. Bent that Easton Game Getter like a half circle, ha. Later in life I bought a friend ( like a brother) a BAR in .338WM, even had it Mag Na Ported. He is recoil shy, and now, has a defibrillator in his peck, so he has never shot it! Anyhow, it is a pussy cat, especially with the 200 BTs. I bought an old Belgium BAR in .270 after my dad died, had a bunch of engraving done to it to commemorate him. It shot like a bolt gun! But yes, noisy to load/unload getting in and out of truck, and heavy. They are nice rifles if one wants to mess with them.