Originally Posted by Daveinjax
Originally Posted by sse
i never said i didn't like tiger woods, hard to over-state the accomplishment. it is a fact the course was softened up, with the greens playing unusually easy. The commentators pointed this out numerous times, evidently no-one here understood or listened. plus the others caved like babies under the pressure, and due to the ramifications of the come-back, and all of tiger's fans in tow. It was the moment, and the contenders' stumbling allowed him to win with a bogey. He was lucky to benefit from these factors. if no one else agrees, WTH do i care

Contrast that to Jack's last win, he had to shoot sub-par on the back nine to steal away with the victory.

The greens were “softened up” for everyone. Tiger held himself together and took advantage. With the mindset I saw he’d have held himself together if the greens had been rock hard and blazing fast. In fact the I’m of the opinion that the also rans would have folded sooner with tougher conditions.

Yeah, nobody ever folded from seeing Jack coming from behind...he didn't intimidate anyone lol