Enjoyed the thread, made me think and laugh. Lotta good points around where I live they say plausible combat range is 7-12 yds, shooting at anyone past that will get you looked at real hard by the law (why didn't you retreat?) Deflaves point. Guess it should most likely come down to what you think you might have to take on ,worst case scenario. Hard enough to carry a full size ccw without it being obvious, never mind 2-3 extra mags. Sometimes I carry a DAO M60 SW 38 and others a CZ semi auto in 9 or 40. I was a boy scout once half a century a go, never did forget "be prepared". Guess that is why I carry a AR and a pump gun in the truck as well. Truck all ways seems to have more ammo in it than all these arsenals some criminal has. No matter what you got, the liberals will still fault you for standing up against some perp. WTF after the first shot the rest are free right? Carry what you can easily conceal, out sight, out of mind. Do what you gotta when the time comes. trust your self and don't worry about what anyone else does. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "