Various calibers and bullet reactions on chucks

a. you hit them solid, they die with out moving

b. You hit them solid and they gimp, crawling off

c. you hit them and they roll over

d. you hit them and they are knocked off the rock, barely

e. you hit them and they are blown 6"-15' in the air, nothing like seeing one launch like he has bottle rockets strapped on his ass.

Airborn is what you are striving for. Bullets has to expand violently, with speed.

I and partner used to shoot 300+ per day on private alfalfa ranches in Idaho and Utah. This time of year, the youngsters look like gold Kleenex boxes sitting on jet black Lava rock!

The vast majority of all of our shots were 550 and under, choose your rounds and bullets accordingly. Chucks doing endo's, whirrly gigs, Hellicopters are where the memories will begin. Nothing like seeing a full grown chuck explode like a paint ball on a flat rock!

The fun Begins with a 22/250 AI (22 Creed) size case with a 60g Berger that will shoot them in half or a 60g V max. Next bump up is the 75g A max, throat for the 60g, just stuff the bullet down in the case for the 75's, monitor doughnuts in the 8 Twist.

Horse power rules on putting jets on a rock chucks azz. How far you go up is up to you, let your imagination take to where it may, I considered 600 a LONG SHOT.

We lived for the launches. Best launches were achieved with super fast, over size cases. 6 Rem with 75g V max at 3600 was darn good, 6 Rem AI with 70g Nosler ballistic tips at 4000-4100 was amazing in 12T with launches often going 30 feet. 75g V max in the is a great bullet, but lot to lot variations on bullets can drive you crazy.

The old 105g A max in a 243 launched at 3100 would detonate chucks, but that bullet is discontinued, and I have not killed anything yet with the 108 or 103g eld, R#26 would get you 3200 easy in the 243.

I have only killed does and hogs with the 88's, this last season, they penetrate. I don't know how this bullet would rate as an varmint bullet with some distance, only time will tell. I am wanting a case to push this bullet as fast as the jacket will take that is larger than the 22/250 AI(creed). I have a good 22 Middlestead reamer and a 22/6 AI reamer(80 A max at 3600), but all they may do is burn a lot of powder. Stuff is not hard to kill, just put the bullet where it should go, but I really like seeing chucks launch to high Heaven.