Almost all of my centerfires are custom chambered to a very light crush fit on the go gauge. Years back I chambered my prairie dog guns to fit a full length sized cartridge from my RCBS dies....this didn't work out so well so I then went to the light closing of the bolt on the go gauge. Because of this I encountered very little loss due to case separation (except on belted magnums) and now most of my cases that I toss are due to neck splits or loose primers at installation. I'm not into annealing.

I don't keep track anymore how many times a case has been fired as it's not my goal....but it's likely more than 10 times at max (and sometimes more) loads per Hodgdon's data. I once had five rifles chambered for .223 and keeping track of cases became an impossible task.....I just ran them through the Dillon 650 again ....military brass was easily collected and worked well and I had a five gallon bucket full of them.

The one thing I do monitor is my primary hunting cases.....I only shoot new virgin brass ( or in a few cases once-fired) in my hunting loads that are actually used for hunting. All other brass is used for off season loads at the range or trying to find a more accurate load.....or just plain fun time!

It is very rare for me to buy new brass as a bag of fifty lasts a very long time this way and I've had no trouble in the field with issues due to brass cases.

All my rifles are bolt action except a .218 Bee in a Browning 65 lever gun.....the Browning throws fired cases all over like a semi auto and I'm going to lose quite a few so maybe just buy new each time. The Hornady cases work quite well for me.

In short, I believe more in controlled headspace than annealing....we all have our preferences and tools.