Back in 2016 I test drove several F-150 with 3.5 Eco boosts one with 3.55 gears and another with 3.73. They are fast and have enormous torque when the are turbos spooled up, my problem with that was that it was hard to control a smooth application of adding torque as needed. Mid range torque is easier applied with the 5 L V8 and the same gear ratios with the 6 spd autos. I ended up buying one with a 5L V-8 and 3.73 ratio .power is not a problem or the smooth use of it. My 4wd F-150 super cab long box will run around town at 14-15 in the WINTER. Rest of the year I get 16.5 to 19 mpg on the highway with some in town driving. The new 2019's of course have the new 10 spd auto, I don't agree that because of that, the gear ratio no longer matters. More you work a tranny the more likely you will have problems with it. At highway speeds I want the engine rpm right at just above the start of the torque curve so you have mid range power without beating your transmission all the time. Personal preference to the max. My work truck is a 2013 F-150 with the 3.55's and a 5L V-8 so I got a pretty good experience to make my decision on my own. My older brother swears by his 2011 F-150 3.5 Ecoboost and now has 150,000 trouble free miles on it. I wanted to be able to pull my boats or a 24-26" travel trailer and that colored my choice also. Good luck with your choice. MB

" Cheapest velocity in the world comes from a long barrel and I sure do like them. MB "