I've pulled some heavily loaded gooseneck trailers, cattle, tobacco, cross ties, hay,with F-150's, F-250's, F-350's, both gas and diesel engines. The problem with the F-150's, at least those I've used, is not the power of the engine, but the weight of the truck, the way it's geared, and the transmission. We have a 2003 F-350 4X4, 6.0 diesel, that we use to pull heavily loaded trailers with. I'll never go back to using an F-150 to pull a 24 foot cattle trailer full of cattle.

I have not put a gooseneck ball in my current truck, a 2017 F-150, even though I'd really prefer to pull my horse trailer, a 3 horse slant, with it instead of the F-350. I know that somewhere along the way, I'd be tempted to use it for pulling a bigger trailer, and I don't want to do that. The fact that a truck will pull a certain load, is not a valid reason to use it. I've seen too many people take a standard half ton pickup, with no towing package, standard tires, and use it to pull a heavily loaded trailer, then gripe about how it didn't perform like they expected It to.

I help my nephews out on the farm from time to time. We often take loads of tobacco off to market on 25 foot gooseneck trailers. One of them has an F-150, 3.5 Ecoboost, the other 2 have F-250 diesels. I'll always choose the F-250. Yes, the half ton will pull the trailer, but performance wise, it's not even close when compared to the 3/4 ton pickup.