Originally Posted by Boxerdog
I am back!!! After a long hiatus, I was able to get on a decent deer lease this fall. Lets talk Whitetail bullets.......

I have three rifles to gear up for this season since variety is the spice of life and I am thinking about what ammunition choices for each.

Savage 99 in 300 savage......Hornady Super performance ....sst 150 grain

Custom Mauser ( harry lawson ) .300 win mag......???? ( however I do have .300 win mag lite from hornady with a 150 grain sst with the idea of texas whitetails shot with the .300 win at 70 yards)

Winchester 70 .308...............????? accubond..........balistic tip.....maybe sst

Having an explosion with a corelokt back in the day looking for something else.

Sell the Mod 70, keep the Savage for jackrabbits.

Everyone knows you need at least .300 win mag, and preferably a .300 rum to kill a 110 lb Texas buck. The only bullets that don't bounce off whitetails are monolithic vlds that MUST cost you $3-4 each, more would be better.

Then you have to shoot every powder and primer combination possible to get .25 inch group, so you can reliably hit said 110 lb deer at 85 yards, standing broadside, the kill zone being less than 1 inch square.

Imagine a corporate oligarchy so effective, so advanced and fine tuned that its citizens still call it a democracy.