I'm inclined to go back to the Hornady InterLock myself after stopping an SST in my last whitetail. The best blood trail with the earliest blood on the ground was with a .308 165 grain InterLock bullet. I want an exit every time and while that SST deer was a down right there, I actually prefer a 50 yard tracking job up to a bled out animal than watching one breathing their last right there in front of me. While I like those plastic tip bullets not battering in the magazine during recoil, our deer here are close and bullet shape doesn't matter. I'm sure that the plastic tip promotes earlier expansion. I tried an Accubond on a deer once and I got a larger entrance wound than the exit wound and backtracked it to the first blood and it was farther than I thought that it should have been given the double lung shot placement. My .300 WM deer have all been with 180 grain Nosler Partitions and the exit wounds with those have been small and tracking more difficult. I try not to shoot shoulders if I can help it, but our deer where I hunt show up fast and close and they don't give you much to shoot at for very long. In Texas you may want to drop them where they stand because as I understand it if the brush and pickers don't get you, a snake might.

My other auto is a .45

The bitterness of poor quality is remembered long after the sweetness of low price has faded from memory