Bushmaster1313: Great looking Rifle there. The epitome of a classic Rifle in a classic caliber.
Good for you, and enjoy.
If I may digress here for a moment.
Years ago (1980 or so) myself and some friends attended a gunshow in Spokane, Washington for a long weekend.
One of our crew had to leave Saturday night in his own car and headed back home to the Seattle area.
Well bright and early Sunday morning this friend calls us at our motel room and begs us to use our money to buy a Transition Model 70 Standard Rifle in 257 Roberts he had been lusting after on Friday and Saturday but had just not "pulled the trigger" on it.
Well it put a crimp in our Sunday at the gunshow but we pooled our money and bought the 257 Roberts for our friend. Miffed a bit, but we did it.
At the time of sale the seller pulled out from under the table a box of Winchester 257 Roberts ammo and sent it along with the gun.
Well to make a long story short on the way home my friend and I decided we would "test fire" our other friends Rifle. So we stopped near Cle Elum, Washington at a gravel pit and "test fired" that 257 Roberts Rifle - twenty times!
What a fun gun and the recoil was very mild in that somewhat heavy gun. I have owned other 257 Roberts Rifles (Ruger #1's, Ruger 77's and Remington 722's) but that was the coolest Roberts Rifle I ever shot!
Never told our friend about test firing his "dream Rifle" - figured it was small payment for inconveniencing us the way he did.
I have three pre-64 Winchester Model 70's in my collection now - two VERY nice Standard Rifles and a mint perfect Super Grade.
Again enjoy your "Roberts".
Hold into the wind
VarmintGuy