Originally Posted by Remsen
The problem with Tesla concept vehicles is that they often are too close to what ends up being the production vehicle. The Model X, with it's idiotic gull wing doors, being the prime example of this.

If this image is what the Tesla pickup looks like in production, I ain't going to even look at one. But assuming that someone hides the blunts from Musk long enough to get him to approve a more conventional looking truck, I'd definitely be interested.

I bought a Model S (P85) in 2013 when they were just starting mass production of the model and even though there were a lot of early problems with drive units that needed to be replaced (multiple times) and a bunch of other things that weren't particularly well thought out, I was very impressed with the tech and execution of the car. So much so, I upgraded to the P85D the next year and kept it until late last year. I would have bought another Model S had they done something to keep it current, but it became a dated design with less useful tech than other premium vehicles so we no longer have a Tesla.

There's a LOT to be said for Tesla vehicles. They are very strong, performance-wise, and very efficient as well. In 5 years, we never had a single problem with either of our Teslas (over 100,000 miles) and the performance was as good after 4 years as it was new.

I hate the company, though, and I hate the lunatic fanboys even more. BUT, they are great vehicles and if they can get a pickup with 500 miles of actual range, have similar capabilities for cargo and towing, and it was priced at the same level of an F150 or Silverado, I'd take the risk on buying one.

Remsen,

Curious why you hate the company. I hear that frequently and it usually stems from a lack of support after warranties expire.

Originally Posted by Geno67
Trump being classless,tasteless and clueless as usual.
Originally Posted by Judman
Sorry, trump is a no tax payin pile of shiit.
Originally Posted by KSMITH
My young wife decided to play the field and had moved several dudes into my house