Originally Posted by deflave
Have any of you Tesla naysayers ever looked at one or spoken to an owner?

I'm not a Tesla naysayer and yes I have driven one. Back in the day, I had a super stock drag car and I did all right with at the strip. Did most of the modifications on it myself, including milling the heads for Perfect Circle valve stem seals, headers, shaved heads, traction bars and I personally rebuilt the Holley carb in my dorm room with larger jets and lighter vacuum secondary spring. As The years went by and horse power dwindled, friends would let me drive their new "hot" car. All of them were a big yawn. Then around five years ago I drove a Tesla Model S 90D if I remember correctly. Holy fuqking acceleration Batman. This was the fastest car I'd ever driven. Acceleration was instantaneous with only the noise of the tires on the pavement being the only thing you could hear. Are they the perfect car? Yes and No. If you live where the temps don't drop much below 30 degrees, you'll be fine. If you live here in the north land, your battery range will be cut up to half as the mercury drops. So, cold weather range is something that still needs to be work out on electric vehicles.

Do I think the electric car....or truck are the future? Yes, I certainly do. So does Ford and Chevrolet, who are both working on full size half ton electric pickup trucks that should launch in the next two to three years. The only real challenge for Tesla is overcoming Elon's ego. Most people have heard of a Tesla but don' know what it is or how it could benefit them. Tesla doesn't advertise that it may cost more to buy or lease a Tesla, but that the net cost after factoring in the money saved by not buying gasoline may make it a cheaper - and much more fun - car to own. Yes, you'll pay a few dollars extra per month on electricity, but if you're a regular commuter you'll be money ahead with an electric car.

Last edited by walt501; 06/04/19.