Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by ratsmacker

Originally Posted by deflave
Have any of you Tesla naysayers ever looked at one or spoken to an owner?

Nope
. I saw my very first Tesla on the highway Saturday. I didn't recognize it, so I caught up with it to gawk a little. We were on an Interstate. and I was getting off at the next exit, so I didn't get to converse with the owner. And didn't want to. It was a good-looking car, wider than a normal vehicle, it appeared, but it reminded me of a Jaguar. Nice, but I don't want one. I like my pickup, no range issues until I run out of money to feed it gasoline.

Ok.

Point being, I watch things fairly close, and this is the first one I've ever seen. There's no way to interview an owner, if there are none around. To date, I have never seen a charging station in the state of Kentucky (I saw some in CA a few years ago, in a state park, but none out "where the normal people are". I'm not "against" new technology, but it has to be better than what we have now, and right now, it's not. It's not cost effective for us normal folk with normal jobs and being paid normal wages.

Every now and then, I like to pick up and make long road trips, and I can't see that happening with the electrics. Again, to date, I've seen zero charging stations outside of CA, either. It's completely a range thing for me. It will take a very long time for EVs to make any headway in Kentucky or rural Missouri, for that matter. I was REALLY shocked to see that Tesla tooling down the highway Saturday, which is why it made such an impression. It still looked like a Jag, not bad. I didn't see which state tags it had on it. That might have been interesting.

You can roll a turd in peanuts, dip it in chocolate, and it still ain't no damn Baby Ruth.