Originally Posted by deflave
Originally Posted by smokepole

I'm not butt hurt about anything, sport because I don't talk to other people's kids. But I've known a few older folks, mostly like someone else said older ladies who did. Including my late mother-in-law who was one of the sweetest, gentlest people you could know.

And I don't care what she did, if you had told her to "fugg off" in my presence I wouldn't have been the one to be butt hurt.

This reminds me of when my son was just a tiny little guy. I was in an HEB in South Texas and some old, old, old lady walked up to my son and and gently touched his hair and started saying some schit about eggs and eyes.

I take my left arm and gently push her hand away and said "Hey lady. What the fugk are you doing? Get your own fugking kid."

She looked at me like I was El fugking Diablo in the flesh. I didn't know what to say so I didn't say anything. Grabbed my son's hand and went to check out. There was literally a circle of Mexicans just staring at us with their mouths open.

Later at work I explained the story and everyone busted up laughing. Apparently it's some sort of Mexican voodoo bullschit. Evil eyes drain power so you gotta touch the kid or something. I told them all if their wives or mothers do that schit they better stop or they're gonna end up face down in the Nueces. Not everyone is born and raised in bum fugk Mexico.

LMAO. Touching somebody else's kid? WTF? Fugk off old lady.

Been on several colonial Spanish archaeological digs. One common denominator is all the "figas” found. It’s a charm or ornament that has been blessed to protect the bearer from evil eye. They even had them on their horse tack and such. Big schidt in their culture. Found ‘em all way from Louisiana to edge of West Texas.

Founder
Ancient Order of the 1895 Winchester

"Come, shall we go and kill us venison?
And yet it irks me the poor dappled fools,
Being native burghers of this desert city,
Should in their own confines with forked heads
Have their round haunches gored."

WS