Originally Posted by Jim_Knight
Thanks guys...just what I was trying to get across to a fellow the other day...a 160gr (.270/7mm) are so close in diameter that they are the same, in the field for sure. Yeah the 270/160 isn't as BC as some 160/7mm, but close enough that under 400yds it doesn't matter. And for a "point and shoot" guy it sure doesn't matter, ha. I guess I'm excited that this is the "very first" 270 I've had (this is #6) that shot the 150/160s well! They all shot well ( well, one Mod 700 MR was a shotgun) with 130-140s. A few shot the 110 OK, but not tight enough for prairie dogs & such. And I just can't get over how fast this rifle shoots those heavies! I "cut my teeth" in bolt guns/reloading with a .280 then on up through the AI to magnums and I learned how to trust a 7mm bullet on game. Anything comparable gives me a warm fuzzy.

Jim, I don't know how they're calculating that BC but I always wonder about such calculations. If you compare the same brand and style bullet, one in .277 and one in 7mm, I would think the .277 bullet would have a slightly higher BC, all else being equal due to its slightly smaller diameter.. Now if you're comparing something made by Berger with different profile to a SGK or Nosler Partition, yeah maybe, but Berger makes VLD bullets in .277 as well.

What goes up must come down, what goes around comes around, there's no free lunch. Trump's comin' back, get over it!