I've owned F 250 pickup trucks since 1972. Hauled at least a couple dozen elk home in them. I bought my first Subaru Outback in 1985 and would often use it for day hunting trips from home. In 1992 I shot a cow elk in the North Bridger Mountains. With snow on the ground, I was able to drag her whole almost all the way down to my Suby, but the last couple of hundred yards was uphill so I had to quarter her to get her up to my car. Then I just piled the quarters into the back of my Suby and drove home.

I also used that "85 Suby on several eastern Montana antelope hunts. One time I got permission on a Block Management ranch the evening before the season opened. I camped in the back of my Suby that night on the side of a county road next to the ranch, and the next morning I walked a little way into the ranch, and had my buck back to my Suby by 7:30 on opening morning.

Another time two other hunters and I took my "85 Suby pulling a 1/4 ton trailer into some BLM land in north eastern Montana on an antelope hunt. I drove over a bunch of 4WD two track roads into where we camped and hunted, and back out with the trailer loaded with 3 bucks.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member