AcesNeights,

Fwiw, I got a 742 in 6mm Remington on a car-trade as "boot", gave it to my 1st cousin (who is the best meat-hunter, who I know = He always gets his deer, "BBQ pigs" & coyotes, too.) & he's only taken 18-20 deer & a truckload of feral hogs with it.

NO problem for him, obviously.

Of course, where Randy hunts, the ranges are relatively short, the land is SWAMPY & the brush is THICK. = That 6mm seems to do well for him, as it makes quarter-size 5-shot groups out to 100M, which is farther than you can usually SEE a deer on our NETX lease.
(There are areas on the lease that you cannot see beyond 20M or so.)

Btw, many of the same people who "DOWN" the 742 also call my beloved 760 rifles "JUNK", too. = I was cleaning rifles this week & I only have EIGHT 760 rifles.
(One wonders how many of "the complainers" have ever actually shot a 742 or 760 & how many are just "spreading gossip", like so much manure??)

Btw, I fell in love with the 760 rifles, when I was stationed at Ft Indiantown Gap in PA & traded for a 760 carbine in .30-06. = It's REALLY LOUD with the short tube but it digests 180 grain handloads perfectly fine & hits hard..

yours, tex

Last edited by satx78247; 07/08/19. Reason: typo

"VICTORY OR DEATH"

William Barrett Travis, Lt.Col., comdt.
Fortress of The Alamo, Bejar
F'by 24, 1836