Originally Posted by jwall
Daveman

Some are simply Remington haters....... like I'm a Dodge hater. (make that Chrysler/Dodge) For those that don't know FIAT owns C/D.

Personally I've had 43 + years of RELIABLE service from Remington products. I have and have had 700s, 760s, Sixes, 870s etc.

NOT ONE single solitary problem with ANY of them.

Remember - Opinions are like Butt holes ! And we have a few of those round here.

Jerry
laugh laugh

FWIW, Jerry, I'm really not one of those "Rem haters"... I actually have three myself (two M700s and a 541T) - and they all work just fine.. And quite frankly, the M870 pump shotgun is still one of the most reliable shotguns out there.. But I don't own a Rem 740/742/7400/750.. Over the last 21+ years of working on them and seeing the multitude of issues these things suffer, it's just not worth messing with 'em.. Even the LGS, about four years ago when the Remington rep stopped in, told him to take every singe 750 he had left in stock with him and never bring 'em back.. A friend of mine bought a new one.. He could never get it to feed right. Sent it (twice) to Remington under warranty to get fixed. They would send it back and, naturally, it wouldn't feed. Magazines? Oh yeah... He finally got hold of the big shot at Rem who told him to send it back and he would make sure every penny was refunded... And he did..

These are facts - NOT opinions... Take it to the bank.

Guess what the friend bought (after getting my advice)? Browning Shorttrac.. Problems solved..

Best wishes.... smile

Ex- USN (SS) '66-'69
Pro-Constitution.
LET'S GO BRANDON!!!