When I got out of college I went to work for EDS.

By today's standards it was a concentration camp of a company to work for - no facial hair, no hair below the collar, cap toe or wing tip black leather shoes, suits must be worn at all times unless when going to the bathroom, no informal relationship with customer (no bowling league, softball..drinking after work sort of thing). They brought us all in for training for 6 weeks. By week 2 they had fired 30% of our class.

Still, I credit Perot and that mentality for making me grow up and get serious about being an adult - as I sit here at my desk wearing jeans, a polo shirt and hiking boots. What I've learned from his company has carried me throughout my adult life and I feel indebted to him to some degree. Ultimately I wasn't cut out to be an EDS employee, but I've used what they taught for many years.

Here is a glowing article about what he did in his life. I'm sure many people didn't agree with him but few questioned his motives.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business/bus ... st-dies-89

have you paid your dues, can you moan the blues, can you bend them guitar strings