Originally Posted by Morewood
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

12 years of GOP and the country was ready for another jimma cottah , Perot came in because the country needed help and hw bush damn sure wasn't doing what was best for the United States . Perot likely knew more about billybob clinton governor in neighboring state of Arkansas and didn't want a puke like him & him tramp wife in the Whitehouse .
You can look at the cycles - neither side remains in office very long without a change - a change was due .
You couldn't horse-whip a politician to lay out all of what is wrong with the country and how we're going to fix the problems . They're too busy promising puppies and beautiful sunsets .

People still don't want to face the problems head on - and fix them they'll wear a Nike out kicking the can down the road though .

PRESIDENT TRUMP 2024/2028 !!!!!!!!!!

Posted by Bristoe
The people wringing their hands over Trump's rhetoric don't know what time it is in America.