Originally Posted by Morewood
A c+p comment from another website paraphrased below. Pretty much nailed it.

CharterOakie says:

July 9, 2019 at 10:55 pm

"Very sad news, the passing of a GREAT American patriot, businessman, benefactor and leader.

I briefly met Ross Perot twice in Dallas during the ‘90s and chatted with him for a couple minutes. I told him “God bless you, sir, for what you are doing for our country.” He thanked me for that enthusiastically.

Like so many commenters here, I proudly voted for him in ‘92 and (in my case) again in ‘96.
I was so angered by what the GOPe and Bush clan did to smear Perot that I changed my registration from Republican (I revered Reagan) to Independent. Not until Trump’s candidacy in 2016 did I re-register again as a Republican, and it was not for the damned party, but just to be able to vote for Trump in the primary.

I was close enough to Perot’s key political advisor after ‘92 that I knew the facts: “Perot cost Bush the election” was pure, unadulterated GOP propaganda. Bush was going to lose that election to Clinton with or without Perot in the race. The Bush reelection campaign’s private polling made that clear, and they actually begged Perot to re-enter the race in order to prevent Bubba from winning a majority of the popular vote. They were already grooming “W”.

Perot drew almost evenly from registered Rs and Ds. Slightly more registered Rs, but the margin was less than the margin by which Bush lost to Clinton. Mainly Perot inspired millions upon millions of disgusted, political drop-outs to register and vote for him. Those votes were never going to Bush or Clinton.

That’s the truth, and it doesn’t matter how many GOP operatives or misinformed or hyper-partisan Republicans say or believe otherwise.

Heartfelt condolences to the Perot family and closest friends.

We will miss you, Ross. Thank you for your life, your dedicated patriotism and benevolence towards your country and countrymen. You were a GREAT AMERICAN."

interesting. This guy was a NeverBusher. That's fine. The fact that he got his panties in a wad over GHWB and clan attacking Perot, but could care less that Perot (and Buchanan) went after GHWB is OK? He doesn't think that a super strong personality like H. Ross Perot didn't piss off countless people in his career and that Perot made as many enemies as friends? That's life in politics.

Let's say Perot was elected President and not Clinton or Bush. What would have been the outcome? The outcome that would see Perot trying to "clean out the barn", as he would as being the absolute power and authority at EDS would have been disaster. George Mitchell, Ted Kennedy, and Tom Foley would have stonewalled everything Perot wanted to do, much in the same manner we see Pelosi/Schumer obstructing Trump today. The MSMS would have quicklyjumped on Perot by claiming "He's ill equipped for the political arena. Can't cut a deal. Too radical. Out of touch with Washington." Nobody thinkgs the Deep State wasn't all powerful in those days? Better look again.

"The Democrat Party looks like Titanic survivors. Partying and celebrating one moment, and huddled in lifeboats freezing the next". Hatari 2017

"Hokey religions and ancient weapons are no match for a good blaster at your side, kid." Han Solo