And while we're on this topic, bear in mind that some folks with them don't appear to be handicapped but really are....... Case in point - In the late 1970's my father's emphysema was getting worse, it's what killed him a few years later, and his doctor gave him a handicap parking permit because even walking less than about 25 yards had become very difficult due to his lungs inability to get enough oxygen into his system. He had no cane or walker or limp but couldn't even go up a flight of stairs without a break. So he goes to the supermarket, parks in a handicap space with his permit hanging off the inside rear view mirror like he was supposed to, heads for the door of the market and gets a huge ration of chit from some azzwipe saying he's not handicapped. Dad was a WW2 vet and didn't normally tolerate that sort of crap but he was in his late 50's and the emphysema was robbing him of what he'd have liked to do in a situation like that. I told him that guy was lucky I wasn't there with you that day although I might have ended up in jail. So remember that some folks may really have conditions that rate a handicap permit even though they don't look like they need one. IIRC my dad never even asked for one but his doctor just issued it when he saw things getting worse. This was all back before the motorized scooters with oxygen bottles.