Originally Posted by k20350
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by Labman95
Reminds me of a car, with a handicapped placard, that was parked in a handicapped spot every day outside my workplace. Had a ski rack on the back.

Believe it or not, there are disabled skiers, who refuse to give up what they love to do, because some drunk driver took thier leg. You should admire that drive, not disparage it. Most folks would just give up.

If you can ski in any way possible without the help of several people at once your not disabled. F'ing period. You can never convince me otherwise. I do restaurant delivery and on occasion have to block a handicap spot or 2. The level of pretentiousness that these poor "disabled" folk have is mind numbing. I see weekly people who will squeeze into places around the truck to get into a handicap spot even when there are non-handicap spaces CLOSER to the door. IMHO At least 95% of handicap permits aren't needed. Maybe more. I'm all f'd up too, Back, Knee, who gives ashit . Unless you need aid walking you shouldn't get a handicap permit.

There are skiers when only parts of thier legs left to them. You clearly have never seen the disabled ski. Thier equipment is very different than what you might use, and you clearly could not use thiers.
Side note: my dad owner a construction company. He got injured on the job and spent time in a wheelchair. It was eye opening for him, just how hard it was to get around. He was maneuvering to try and park in a handicap space, when a self entitled asshat cut in and took it. (Not handicapped) and laughed about it. My dad had to work his way in from alot further out in the lot, and he was so angry at that asshat, that he posted a sign in the office, that ANY employee that parked a company truck in a handicap spot for any reason would be immediately terminated.
As with anything, it can be abused, but those spots ain't for you, unless you have and SHOW the emblem. Anyone who abuses the emblem or let's another use it, can lose it themselves.
As for the 400lb woman that people keep mentioning....

Imagine you can't breath well, and sometimes can't breath well enough to know for sure it going to continue. Add in a heart condition, and crone's, and water retention caused by the medication that keeps you breathing, and a nearly complete loss of cartilage in both knees thanks to your heredity, borderline diabetes (again due to the medication), and a loss of feeling from the thighs down.
Do you really think you will keep your girlish figure long? Add in the several hospital stays each year, the enforced bedrest, and I seriously doubt you would be under 300lbs yourself.
It's daily life here.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~