Originally Posted by GunDoc7
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter

Hey gundoc, it isn't wearing weavers. Ha ha...

Side note: Have an all original fwt stock coming to my addy as we speak... wink cool

Weaver mounts are good enough for Phil Shoemaker and they were good enough for Finn Aagaard. I figure they're good enough for me. cool
First thing I said when I saw the pic was "Yep, Leupold DD's. No surprise." wink
Seriously, I think Leupold DD's and QR's are some of the prettiest mounts you can get for reasonable money. But there are reasons each don't suit me as much as others. Different people have different priorities, and there ain't a thing wrong with that. Why I like what I like is at least a page or two.
Lately, I am warming up to Burris Signature Zees as well. Let's just say I haven't had your luck with M70's, old or new, aligning rings or aligning with where the barrel is pointed.

Did the incoming stock come from the 'bay?
I don't know if you remember, but a few years ago I scored what I believe is a Fwt. stock, cut for a pad, for stupid cheap because it was not identified and marketed correctly. We had some PM's about it. I'm hanging onto it in hopes that someday I'll stumble onto a deal like the one you just did. That would have been the perfect deal for me, a good rifle in a "wrong" stock, for too cheap. And my first two choices would be .30-06 or .270, either one.
You still suck for finding that! mad Just kidding, of course.

Ha ha. Its all good my friend. I like weaver mounts on my savage rifles. The DD's have always lined up very well. I always say they are a snap to install, but then when i install a set i am reminded that they need to be aligned perfectly and that takes a few more steps than the weavers. I actually like weaver mounts and the myriad of ring styles you can use with them. I just like giving you a hard time about using them. Im actually waiting for 2 sets of weaver style rings to show up, so i can put a new nightforce on a sako.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA