Originally Posted by GunDoc7
BSA has been on a real hot streak recently. I'm either going to have to start bird dogging him or convince him to adopt me. cool

For the new kids, even those looking for bolt guns as opposed to AR's, the accuracy/price/value of some of the new "stamped out" rifles will get your attention. For high volume shooting, I've been tempted myself.
But if you like to watch a rifle control feed, even if you don't need it to but you appreciate the design and history of the concept, and if you prefer a safety that takes control of the striker, the old designs . . . yes.
I wonder if some of the new kids will come around as their knowledge of some of the finer points increases?

Im going to start my 14 year old nephew out on a beautifully sporterized m98 8mm mauser. His dad gave it to my dad and then i refinished and re-blued and glass bedded it, then i found the proper mounts and scoped it. First 5 shot group (with my handloads) printed 3/4" at 100 yards. Some kids are started off right, so they too will have an appreciation for classic firearms.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA