Leo.......As a physical therapist and avid bowhunter I have worked with many archers (several TV hunters) over the years that both had surgery and some that wanted to avoid surgery.

If the arm that is holding the bow (your right) is the hurt shoulder its typically not the draw weight that's the problem its holding the bow up in the air for extended periods of time. Even with a healthy shoulder holding the weight of a bow up with an extended arm is tough. I'd be willing to bet even with 30# draw it would still give you problems due to holding the bow with the right arm.

Rehab alone for this has to involve lots of stabilizing activities and high repetitions for the rotator cuff muscles. Most of your physical therapists and even ortho surgeons dont really understand the mechanics of shooting a bow and what the muscles have to do especially when the issue is in the bow holding hand not the drawing one.

Id say over the years most of the people that are successful in archery with shoulder injuries are either very very very diligent with knowledgeable physical therapists or have surgery to fix the injury and then rehab back to full strength.

* my advice* if you really wanna be an avid archery hunter then go see ortho have an MRI and most likely have surgery then rehab back for next year. I've done it with people over and over again.....definitely possible.

Adam