Originally Posted by JamesJr
I want a stainless 6.5 Creed, and can't make up my mind as to which one to buy. I'd been kicking around the idea of either a 700 Mountain Rifle, or one of the new stainless Model 7's in 6.5. My concern is how well these lightweight rifles will shoot. I had a Mountain Rifle in 7-08, and it fit me very nicely, and I liked the feel of it, however, it did not shoot as well as I'd liked. I have a matte finish 700 SPS in 6.5 CM and it's a good shooter, but that's a 24 inch barrel that's a little heavier than what you'll find on a 700 MR or the Model 7.

I've got an opportunity to buy a Tikka stainless in 6.5, and I know all about their reputation, and lot's of people like them, but I'm a dyed in the wool fan of the 700 and 7 rifles, and it's going to take a lot for me to change that. Mountain Rifle's are nice, and I doubt I'm going to be doing any long range shooting, but I know that the one I had in 7-08 was not as accurate as I'd liked at 300 yards.

I really wish Remington would make the SPS in stainless 6.5, and I can't really understand why they haven't. That would be the way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

I was a die hard Remington fan too until I took a chance on a (had not handled one ) Fieldcraft. Surely they will discount them again this year.

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]