Originally Posted by JamesJr
I want a stainless 6.5 Creed, and can't make up my mind as to which one to buy. I'd been kicking around the idea of either a 700 Mountain Rifle, or one of the new stainless Model 7's in 6.5. My concern is how well these lightweight rifles will shoot. I had a Mountain Rifle in 7-08, and it fit me very nicely, and I liked the feel of it, however, it did not shoot as well as I'd liked. I have a matte finish 700 SPS in 6.5 CM and it's a good shooter, but that's a 24 inch barrel that's a little heavier than what you'll find on a 700 MR or the Model 7.

I've got an opportunity to buy a Tikka stainless in 6.5, and I know all about their reputation, and lot's of people like them, but I'm a dyed in the wool fan of the 700 and 7 rifles, and it's going to take a lot for me to change that. Mountain Rifle's are nice, and I doubt I'm going to be doing any long range shooting, but I know that the one I had in 7-08 was not as accurate as I'd liked at 300 yards.

I really wish Remington would make the SPS in stainless 6.5, and I can't really understand why they haven't. That would be the way to go, as far as I'm concerned.

Light weight rifles are more difficult for the average guy to shoot no doubt.
However, once you get the bedding right, the trigger adjusted or replaced and you practice the said rifle a bit they can be made to shoot ok.
Originally Posted by AKwolverine

Hope he is a long, slow thinker ... wink

I sure a M70 EW in 6.5 would be a fine rifle. However, Inhave never seen one and its it wouldnt really be a LW rig.