Originally Posted by Dogshooter
I’m thinking the reason there’s so much wasted bandwidth.... is because nobody actually owns one of these rigs, and for good reason.

I see absolutely no reason to go Rem. Mtn. Rifle in any caliber anymore.... the Tikka flat KILLS that platform. Better barrel, better trigger, better milk jug, better accuracy, way easier to shoot, 2.95” Mag, equal (or lighter) weight, bolt won’t snap off, etc.

I’d wrap 3 “mountain rifles” around trees clawing my way to a Tikka SL in 6.5 Creed....

Having had both, the 700 Mountain Rifle is a better platform than the Tikka. The factory stock is better, and while the Tikka get's the nod for the best trigger because the new X-Mark Pro triggers suck, and more importantly, the Remington is all metal, not part plastic as is the Tikka.

Now, as far as accuracy goes, that will of course vary from rifle to rifle, and Tikkas are known for their out of the box accuracy. The 700 MR that I had was in 7-08, and I used the bullets and powder I had on hand, so my experience with it was somewhat limited. I was not overwhelmed by how good it shot, but to be fair, I didn't shoot it very much, either. I'm sure I could have worked up some loads that would have sot well.

It all depends on what one likes, as either is a good choice.