Originally Posted by JMR40
Toughest. My 1968 IH Scout bought during the summer of 1976 after HS graduation. It had been special ordered locally by a surveyor. It had dual fuel tanks, which it needed with the 392 V8 under the hood. It got about 6-7 mpg. I have no idea what the gearing was, but it was low in 1st gear. I pulled my uncles unloaded 30,000 lb semi out when he got it stuck. The skid plate started at the front axle from frame rail to frame rail and extended past the transmission with an opening to reach the oil drain plug. It was slick on the bottom. It had been set up with a hand throttle like on a tractor. Set the rpm and let out on the clutch. None of the window guts worked. The interior door panels were gone and a 2X4 cut to the right length held the window up. To roll the windows down you removed the 2x4. It leaded so bad the previous owner drilled drain holes in the floor for water to drain out. But it would go off road.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbthreads/ubbthreads.php/galleries/14039396#Post14039396

#2 has to be the 2007 Tacoma in the driveway. It just rolled over on 200,000 miles and I've done virtually nothing but normal maintenance stuff on it other than an alternator. It went at about 170,000 and that should be considered normal.

We had an old Scout, I believe a 66. Posi front and rear. That thing could have climbed a telephone pole. As long as you didn't get the distributor wet, (spoken from the voice of experience) that thing would go through any mudhole you could throw at it. 'Drove it for three years and sold it to a guy who wanted it for the posi front and rear. He built a killer Jeep out of it.

molɔ̀ːn labé skýla