Originally Posted by Judman
1st gen Toyota, 79-83...

Judman;
Good afternoon to you sir, I trust that the weekend treated you well and you and yours are fine.

Way, way back in the day I had the second 1980 4x4 Toyota pickup in the south valley here. Bought is slightly used in '81 and it still was a rare rig.

[Linked Image]

Here's an admittedly bad scan from a bad photo, but it was about this time of year as I recall, 1991 and it's South Moresby Island back when it was still known as the Queen Charlotte Islands - now Haida Quaii.

By that time it had a 22R installed into it, home welded rear bumper and front bumper/winch mount, 6000lb Warn, lots of extra lights and custom rear springs so it had better weight transfer.

We had a '99 F150 that might have out climbed the little Toyota, but only on days when it wasn't in the shop, waiting to go into the shop or just coming out of the shop so I was reluctant to use it.... wink

Our eldest daughter is the second owner of an '87 Cherokee with the little 2.5 liter and 5 speed which will pretty much climb up onto the garage when we get it running right... again though.... wink

[Linked Image]

Someday I've got to talk her out of it so I can begin to modify it the way it needs to be! She's married now, has a house their paying for and shouldn't be adding parts. I however..... grin

Anyway sir, in more than half a lifetime of not being without at least one 4x4 or AWD vehicle in the yard - had 3 in the yard for awhile - those are the two top picks.

All the best to you and your family as we head into fall and hunting once more.

Dwayne

The most important stuff in life isn't "stuff"