Originally Posted by whackem_stackem
Originally Posted by kellory
Gentlemen, I am a law and order type of guy. I married into a cop family. Almost all of my in laws are cops, and I respect them. I, myself, went through the hiring process/testing for the CHP California highway patrol). I respect the law......
However, my guns are mostly hand me down guns, from family, most of them now dead. They are not just weapons, but part of my heritage, my history, and my legacy.
As a free man, I will not be parted from my guns, without due process. My kids are grown, I'm an empty nester now, and i will not risk having my guns lost, destroyed, or confiscated, by anyone. To me, they are irreplaceable.
If I were roused at 5am like the victim, I too would be armed, and expecting trouble, and there would surely be trouble, because I will not comply. It would not be not be my wisest move, it would not be the best move, and it might be my last move, but it would follow like the tide follows the moon.
Do as you will, but this is something I can not accept. If pushed down this road, there will be trouble.

I only regret that I have but one life to lose for my country. Nathan Hale

No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making some other poor dumb bastard die for his. George S. Patton

"Men must be governed by God or they will be ruled by tyrants". --- William Penn