Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
[Linked Image]

Wow.

That's a sweet looking rig.

I imagine is shoots as good as it looks?

What stock do you have on it, and how do you like it?

Thanks A.S. It is just a magpul PRS (gen 2). That's the stock I have on all of my AR's. I need the longer LOP it provides..As for it shooting good, I'm working on it. I started out with some loads the original owner was using, but it didn't seem to like 8208 as well as I thought it should. I was getting some weird flyers. I actually chit canned everything I got from that guy and just used the barrel. Supposed to be a fluted match grade Shilen. Has Dan Carey's name scribed on it under the Hand guard. Here's the first 11 shots fired from the rifle with AR comp powder:
[Linked Image]
I was hoping to see some difference in POI, as each shot was .1 grain higher than the last. Started with 26 grains and got a velocity of 2,738 fps. Shot 11 had a velocity of 2,894. Max velocity was 3,037 with an 85 grain sierra HPBT gameking...
[Linked Image]
From looking at the group dispersion, I'm thinking shot #8 may be the node I'm after. The velocity of that one was 2,877 fps... I was using brand new starline brass that I was fireforming, so accuracy should improve next go around...These WOA are supposed to be shooters, but from my limited experience with this one, they are picky sob's... Very unlike my el-cheapo 5.56 Windham weaponry barrel on my Northtech Defense.... blush

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA