Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
BSA,

Thank you for sharing. I need to build out another precision lower, and the PRS just might be the stock I'm looking for.

I've played with the 85gr Game Kings in my 6x45, but so far have had equal or better luck with the 95gr NBT's. They might be another option for you.

1.3 MOA on an 11 shot ladder isn't that bad a start. You might be close to braking an moa on 10 shots than you think. wink

Thanks buddy. I'll look into those noslers. I might head over to SPS right now and see if they have any blems or seconds. My hope is to break moa for 2 consecutive groups, as in the black rifle challenge. I think you may be right. Good luck with your build. The only complaint most guys have about the PRS is the weight, but for most of my rifles with 20"+ barrels, it helps to balance out the rifle. I like them:

[Linked Image]

The newer gen 3 PRS may be slightly lighter than the gen2. The gen 3 also has more adjustment. Try one, you may find you like it too...
If the OP was into the 6.5 creedmoor, it would extend the range quite a bit. I was in Nevada a couple weekends ago and fired off a 1.5" 3 shot sighter group at 400 yards. After that, I let my son shoot it for the rest of the day. The creed shoots pretty good, especially at longer range. Here's how she does at 100:

[Linked Image]

I see good things to come in the future with this rifle (second from the bottom in the pic above), as the barrel breaks in and I find the best load for it... Seriously, if I were in search for a good long range AR, the 6.5 creed would be at the top of the list...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA