Originally Posted by bsa1917hunter
i assure you my ar10 isnt as heavy as yonderings buddies 13.5 pound beast. From the factory it weighs 9 pounds. With a burris scope and mount, add another pound and a half.

Again no offense intended, but 9 lb in a large frame AR with a heavy barrel and a PRS stock? No way, not even if you removed the bolt carrier and magazine... Maybe with one of the Magpul carbine stocks like an ACS, but a PRS adds a full 2 lb on top of that. Those are heavy beasts and add a lot of weight to any AR. If your 9 lb weight was listed before adding the PRS it would make sense; my relatively lightweight 18" slim barrel 308 is 8 lb with an ACS-L stock, and you've probably got about 1 lb more barrel than my 308.

Like I said, nothing wrong with a heavy rifle for what you're doing, but I don't think your rifles can be as light as you're saying. The Creedmoor I built for a buddy has a lighter profile barrel than yours, and a lighter scope, but is pretty similar otherwise; I'm not sure how to imagine yours would be any lighter at all, much less 3-4 lb lighter. You may be under-estimating the weight of parts you've added.

Don't go by bathroom scale weights or manufacturer listed weights, neither are accurate most of the time. It doesn't really matter for actual shooting or comparing your own rifles to each other, but it does matter when you're telling other people what they weigh. It's kinda like catching an 8" long fish and saying it was a foot long.