Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by antelope_sniper
Originally Posted by kellory
Keeping in mind, that I will eventually want to reload for them, and currently have little or no real experience doing so, are any of these chamberings offered easier or harder to reload? Any problems to work around? Any idea on costs to reload for comparison? (I'm new to this)

.223 and .308 are both very easy to reload for. Biggest problem with both is too many good load combinations to choose from.

Wouldn't I need a AR-10 lower for .308?

Yes. Guys also need to keep in mind you are wanting a "long range" upper. To me this means you are going to be shooting it off a bench or bipods. Thats where, to me, weight is of little concern. Its actually wanted in a lot of instances. It helps to mitigate recoil and get back on target. Id weigh my ar's if i thought it would help, but i assure you my ar10 isnt as heavy as yonderings buddies 13.5 pound beast. From the factory it weighs 9 pounds. With a burris scope and mount, add another pound and a half. ALL of my ar's shoot sub moa and are in the black rifle challenge here. TWR's, not so much. Maybe he could learn from this thread and understand what it actually takes to produce a "long range" AR. A fly weight with a short pencil barrel would be my last choice for anything where accuracy and precision are concerned.

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA