Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
Originally Posted by kellory
Originally Posted by alwaysoutdoors
300 BO ...thank me later

It would be a hard hitter (like my .450) and quiet (comparably) but still only a short range hunting round. (I looked hard at it before building my .450 Bushmaster. The .300BO has it's following, but since I'm not building a short barrelled suppressed rifle, I do not see much advance in building a second upper in .300BO. Thanks anyways.

Get a 50 Beowulf

I looked at that as well, before settling on the Bushmaster. Availability, costs, and performance, and the ability to use standard mags for an AR decided the issue. Both were due to be added to the (then) allowed list for Ohio deer. The rules have since been changed to allow any straight wall cartridge or tapered wall cartridge from .357-.50cal.
However, both cartridges are intended for short range rifle. That is redundant in this case, and not worth considering for a rifle with more reach than I have now.

I repeat, my intent is for use where I am not limited to "short range rifle ".

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~