December 2, 1980 - the wife woke me up and said that it was time to go, water broke. 2:00 A.M. Wife realized that we had no picture of her in expanded form. Picture taken against wood-paneled wall. Out door. Snowstorm. 35 miles to Cedar Rapids on U.S. 30. Hard to see road. Got behind a semi and followed his tail lights to CR. Ensconced in delivery room. Doctor comes in and examines wife. Gently points out that water is not broken; just rolled over on bladder and wet self. Wife dressed and back out the door. Dawn breaking, snowstorm over, bright pink glow. Drive back home. Deposit wife in house and hurry to school. As morning progresses, extreme weariness sets in from lack of sleep and nervous tension of the night. Call down to the office and ask secretary if she can get someone to come in for me so that I can leave at noon. 20 minutes later, special ed. teacher comes running into my room and says that I need to get home, she'll take over. Seems that this is the real thing. Return trip to CR. Wife into delivery room, bitching about the cold table and asking if she couldn't get some blankets. Short but intense period of exertion, all that LaMaze BS about breathing out the window. Husband standing around being totally useless (this to continue for years to come). Eventual appearance of son. Everyone fine.

Not a real member - just an ordinary guy who appreciates being able to hang around and say something once in awhile.

Happily Trapped In the Past (Thanks, Joe)

Not only a less than minimally educated person, but stupid and out of touch as well.