Our oldest daughter was born on a national holiday in 1971. Our next, also a daughter, was born just a couple weeks shy of three years later. Our third and final child, a son, was born about 4-1/2 years later. All three are in their 40s now.

The doctor that delivered our eldest was known to be quite a practical joker. Saw him and his also elderly wife in a local bank a good many years later well after he had retired. I happened to mention just in passing conversation to the teller I was working with that he had delivered our oldest daughter, the date she was born, and her name.

As I was leaving the bank the old doc spoke to me saying "Hi!" and addressed me by my first name, asked about our daughter, also addressing her by her first name and exact date she was born. I was literally jaw dropping flabbergasted that after delivering thousands of babies that he could remember my name and all about our daughter.

His wife finally couldn't hold it in any longer and started laughing and told me that I had just made his day complete and went on to say that the teller had tipped the old jokester doc off. He still had a mischievous ear to ear. grin on his face as they left.