Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by CCCC
Originally Posted by Cruiser1
Originally Posted by CCCC
Just happened to be tuned to that program - Hilton does some very good stuff at times, but that presentation was, misleading, incomplete and unfair. Hilton was trying for the sensational - and possibly doing the bidding of someone associated with the NRA. Hilton's possible "integrity" went down a few notches in my book.
so; were his statements inaccurate?
I don't know it all and cannot verify that he stated something that was technically not accurate in itself, but I have followed the case and read quite a bit of solid source material. My analysis of Hilton's remarks is based on that, and I stand by what I posted about Hilton's presentation.

You do not seem to want to describe what Hilton did or phrased wrong I too have read a lot about the situation and cannot imagine having to lie or hedge a comment to make WLP look bad.

What Hilton did - as one example - used some examples of LaPierre's travels and expenditures to paint a picture of misuse or theft of funds; which the NRA Board has not claimed - no matter how selfish or inappropriate those expenditures seem to be among us common folk in the NRA: Had Lapierre done that - he would be gone already. There are other aspects of Hilton's presentation that were of the same slant. I don't wish to inaccurately describe Hilton's paint job - would rather you watched it yourself from a knowing and balanced point of view. That particular piece came across as very unfair and misleading - to me.

NRA Member - Life, Benefactor, Patron