Originally Posted by cotis
I interviewed with them in 2015 for a product development engineering manager position when my wife was in Austin and I was considering moving there. Figured why not switch industries while I was at it, go from medical device engineering - plates, screws, taylor spatial frame, etc. to outdoor stuff. Hell, the recently hired CEO to the company has the same background as me! The recruiter - from a 3rd party head hunter service - totally blew me off as not having any “outdoor brand experience” or some [bleep] like that. Only time in my life that an interview ended with the equivalent of “well [bleep] you too!”. It was surprisingly irritating and refreshing in the same day.

And Hell No, i won’t buy and Yeti [bleep]. RTIC all the way for me

And therein lies the problem with 3rd party headhunters having yeah-neah control over a qualified candidate. I can't tell you how many deadbeats I got stuck working with in high level IT mgmt positions because of this exact scenario.
They pick their exact schmoozer images with little concern or knowledge about the.professional requirements of the position.

Slaves get what they need. Free men get what they want.

Rehabilitation is way overrated.

Orwell wasn't wrong.

GOA member
disappointed NRA member

24HCF SEARCH