Originally Posted by GWPGUY
Morning, Bill here. Worry about how it feels in your hands & how it shoulders!!!!., Most machine shops can make any part that will break inside. How it feels etc. Will go farther for you than a $5000.00 of whatever other make ,that doesn't fit you!!!! But there's some reeeely nice old berettas around for cheap cheap. I (once he'd) a little beretta ,,,, S model I think, double triggers, vent rib, was like holding a virgins legs/();:@@@@ sorry off track this morning ! I'm out πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸΎπŸ‘£πŸ‡¨πŸ‡¦

Worrying about parts availability IS a serious concern with these Turkish guns as they tend to break much more often than the norm. A machine shop can make any part but it will cost you. Paying $60 for an $8 part to put in a $300 gun (and that is what most Turkish O/U are worth once money changes hands) is not an economical situation, particularly when parts need to be replaced regularly. It also does not consider that a given part may need fitting to operate properly. An O/U or SxS requires more fitting of parts than a pump or autoloader which is one reason they cost more.

The more expensive "higher end" Turkish guns may be more reliable but that is an unknown. Even if they do, parts are a concern as mentioned. As they cost as much or more than the base line Beretta or Browning guns which are proven and have an extensive and long recognized presence here, it would be a much smarter decision to go with them.

I've been bitten by the cheap gun syndrome and it seldom works out in favor of the buyer. Quality costs and is much of the reason for the higher price of some guns. If cost is a concern, look at used guns by Beretta, Browning, and even SKB. You will find something in your desired price range and odds are great it will give longer, trouble free service than an O/U from Turkey.