Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by DakotaDeer
When it comes to over/unders, it is awfully hard to justify not simply getting a used Beretta.

When it comes to shotguns-O/U's, semi-auto-I've seen most of the off brand copies eventually fold and go away, with the owner left with something no one wants or can't get repaired when something breaks. Even the best will break with hard use. Renato Gamba is a fine Italian shotgun that tried to gain a place in the American market. They were a good as anything coming out of Italy, but couldn't complete with the established names. Another example would be the Spanish Keman. You practically have to give a Renato Gamba away today in America and the Keman is no longer made. AyA is now no longer making shotguns. However for a SxS, a lower grade Aya Matador would be a much wiser buy than anything coming out of Turkey today.

When it comes to O/U''s, the best move is to save your dollars until you can buy something established. There are more than a few used and reasonably priced Beretta and Browning shotguns out there that would be a smarter purchase than anything coming out of Turkey. Combine it with the fact the Turkish economy is in the trash and the political climate such the stability of any Turkish company is something to consider. Three of the countries that border Turkey are Iran, Iraq and Syria.

Sir, as far as I can tell AyA is still in the business of making firearms. The Spanish shotgun company Ugartechea has closed up shop. I too would take an Old Matador over most of Turkeys offerings at this time.

Never take life to seriously, after all ,no one gets out of it alive.