Originally Posted by wheelerdan
Yep. These article and quotations appear in Zeglin's book. The 25/35 is on the top PO's list of most improved cartridges. This could be because factory load were anemic and the AI loads are loaded to to SAMMI pressure. Only a guess. The picture address whether PO actually tested things for himself. I also have no doubt that data was submitted to him as well.

At any rate, my Stevens .30/30 bolt gun will be back in my hands in a week or so. Then can start testing and reporting what I see.

Which AI wildcats have SAMMI approved pressure specs?

I would think that the single locking lug Stevens 325, the same as the Savage 340 series, would be a sub-optimal choice to run higher pressure loads in. I've long thought that the Savage 340s chambered in 225 WIN were probably just marginally strong enough to be safe at the 225's operating pressures. For some reason Savage discontinued the 225 chambering after only a few short years.

Some folks are true believers in the gospel of Ackley and some are not.

EDIT: Since Ackely died in August 1989, he is no longer able to speak for himself and many biographers are sycophants who are less than objective in the treatment of their subjects.

Last edited by 260Remguy; 08/30/19. Reason: Added comment