Back in 1999 my father [chief engineer of gun and vehicle design at PACAR 1948-1986] was still alive. He and a mechanical engineering professor helped show me how to calculate the strength of my 45/70 handi rifle.
https://groups.google.com/forum/#!topic/rec.guns/BlTMnBlXF44
If you hear guys at a gun show talking about the strength of an action, they will say, "It was designed for....", but that belies that a Stevens 410 break action shotgun calculates per me as much stronger than a Sav 110, Win 70, Rem 700, or Mauser 98.

So when I saw the similar to handi rifle, Sav 219L-D, I could see how strong it was. I did not realize what a piece of junk it is. Frank De Haas hated it, and I did too and soon as I took it apart and tried to put the bent sheet metal back together. My opinions on the Sav 219 is the old ones are good. The last ones, the 129L-D are terrible.... but strong.

There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self. -Ernest Hemingway
The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.-- Edward John Phelps