There is a bout a 7% increase in case capacity between the factory and the AI versions, with a corresponding increase of about 175 FPS in a 20" and at the < 42,000 PSI. Frankly this ain't all that much to get excited about. If, and I say, if most factory ammo is lowded in 35,000 PSI range, loading to full SAMMI spec, for the parent cartridge, would do just as much. (There is no SAMMI spec for the AI rounds, which have not become factory rounds.

The puts the .30/30 AI in the middle of the AI cartridges for performance upgrade. The 25/35 and 30/40 Krag are near the top of the heep and the .270/280 near the very bottom.

The Steven 325 might, maybe be one of the weaker bolt guns. Donno. But I believe it is plenty adequate for the .30/30 hand loaded to 42,000 PSI, which is the SAMMI spec. I am guessing I will get more bank for the buck from this action because i can shoot pointed bullets than from the AI conversion. If the AI conversion really does boost velocity 7% and I shoot pointed bullets, then trajectory and down range energy should jump accordingly.

The 325 is a fun gun. It will cost me very little to run a reamer into her to complete these test. The real fun for me is to tinker with the process and report the findings to your guys.

Right here right now, I will speculate this rifle will delivery about 2575 fps with 150 grain pointed bullets in AI format. Not shabby , but hardly remarkable.